Introduction

Ab'jarin Introduction

Ab'jarin is a constructed language (known as a conlang) that I have been working on since late May. I initially started working on thi...

Monday, September 5, 2016

/ʧo m'to iʃ/

/telo jot/!

For those who have been following the creation of Ab'jarin, you may have noticed the lack of content in the last two weeks or so. There are a few reasons for this.

First, the Summer is coming to an end for me. On the 7th of September, I have to go back to Eugene for university (which has led me to devote more time to interactions with people who I will not be seeing for several months). That, coupled with an increase in my working hours (retail), I have had less time to work on Ab'jarin.

In addition to that, last week the new World of Warcraft expansion (WoW: Legion) was released. I have played World of Warcraft since I was in middle school, with a two-year break during high school (*cough*Mists of Pandaria*cough*), and various other smaller breaks throughout the years. So, I have been putting a lot of time into it.

Lastly, I have been working on a better system for organizing and presenting Ab'jarin. Currently, I have everything in an Excel spreadsheet. While it works, It has become a bit tedious to work through it all. Recently, I found a program called PolyGlot, which allows for the creation of dictionaries, and contains a better organizational system, as well as a translation assistant (which works quite well with word for word--less so with grammar; either way, a huge help).

So when will I have more content out? That is a question with an answer that I do not currently know. I will be having Resident Assistant training for the next month, and university thereafter. My best guess is that it will be another week or two before more content comes out.

Anyway, that is the reason for /ʧo m'to iʃ/ (the hiatus).

/telo jot/!

Jordan

No comments:

Post a Comment