Introduction

Ab'jarin Introduction

Ab'jarin is a constructed language (known as a conlang) that I have been working on since late May. I initially started working on thi...

Friday, August 26, 2016

"The Road Not Taken" by Robert Frost

"The Road Not Taken" by Robert Frost, translated into Ab'jarin

"The Road Not Taken" (English)

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim
Because it was grassy and wanted wear,
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I marked the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I,
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference

"The Road Not Taken" (Ab'jarin)

zarƟ.a u.fir zʌ wi'ju ʤæ eʒ pʌ.
tro tɛ'an kiv.a  niʃ zo zʌz gwɛs gen
tro av gwɛs e'gen pʌ. ɛl.a m.to zo
tro wĪk.a ʤu zo kiv.a m.bzar hĪ m.bzar pʌ
Ɵyv.a ha i ko gle wi'ju eʒ iʃ

jĪks.a kso lʌr iʃ i.dlov i.tim dɔrn av
tro jĪ.an ksa kson ɪlʃ gle ti iʃ
wʌʃ ava ko i.aƟ i.rez.a niʃ
pru va pa twa gen vʌv iʃ
rez.a u.ku pa gle dɔrn iʃ

tro ʧɔʦ dɔrn zʌz wapt bo va
elt.a ɛk i u.wɛ eʒ smend niʃ
hu æt.wɔ.nin.a zo ipʌ iʃ
foil wæk ksa hʌ fir vre rɪt wĪk i fir iʃ
Ɵlen.a zo ry ʃel.o ksu Ɵrip zo wat.

ɪʤ.o zo n.to jo n.gab pʌ
lʌks fɛd ʃni m.to gle gen ʤĪ
zarƟ.a u.fir zʌ wi'ju eʒ pʌ. tro zo
jĪks.a zo pʌ rez.a tsɔr iʃ
tro ir.a va pɔlt jot iʃ

"The Road Not Taken" (Ab'jarin Gloss)

diverge.PAST PL.road two wood yellow in a
and sad can.PAST not I both work go
and be work PERSONIFIER.go one, stand.PAST long I
and see.PAST down I can.PAST as far as one.
bend.PAST where to it great forest in the

take.PAST then other the, OF.just OF.beauty equal-be
and have present perhaps claim intensifier good the
because be.PAST it OF.grass OF.use.PAST not
though that about by go there the
use.PAST them about emphasis equal the.

and lay equal both early day that
walk.PAST death to PL.leaf in step no.
oh. (verb meaning "When presented with two or more options, to choose on to do one, while at the same time, resolving to do the other in the future").PAST I first the
yet know present how road show to road the
doubt.PAST I if come.FUT ever should I back

say.FUT I sigh with a
away place some long emphasis go time
diverge.PAST PL.road two wood in a. and I
take.PAST I one use.PAST less the
and make.PAST that difference all the

No comments:

Post a Comment