Introduction

Ab'jarin Introduction

Ab'jarin is a constructed language (known as a conlang) that I have been working on since late May. I initially started working on thi...

Tuesday, August 23, 2016

The Rains of Castamere

The Rains of Castamere from Game of Thrones, translated into Ab'jarin.

An excellent rendition of the song (performed by Peter Hollens) can be found here.

The Rains of Castamere (English)

Verse 1:

And who are you, the proud lord said,
that I must bow so low?
Only a cat of a different coat,
that's all the truth I know.
In a coat of gold or a coat of red,
a lion still has claws,
And mine are long and sharp, my lord,
as long and sharp as yours.

Verse 2:

And so he spoke, and so he spoke,
that Lord of Castamere,
But now the rains weep o'er his hall,
with no one there to hear.
Yes now the rains weep o'er his hall,
and not a soul to hear.

The Rains of Castamere (Ab'jarin)

Verse 1:

hi ɪʤa ejɔʃ veɪgz iʃ tro go av
Ɵyv Ɵrid hul gɔ zo
my ipʌz pʌ dryz nrɔl ty pʌ
av vre jot iʃ zo wæk
dryz  itwul eʒ pʌ le dryz iʃæ pʌ
jĪ.an kwas my veɪgz ɪl pʌ ukɔrmz
tro av zu mto kɔrt ejɔʃ zu
av mbzar gu mto kɔrt mbzar

Verse 2:

tro ɪʤa ko mɔ tro ɪʤa ko mɔ
ejɔʃ ty kæstʌmir va
ʃʌm wæ ksa isk uŋɔ iʃ ʒɪƟ ku lemɔr
rot ʃo jots niʃ vʌv
miʃ wæ ksa isk uŋɔ iʃ ʒɪƟ ku lemɔr
tro rot pɔ. dæk pʌ

The Rains of Castamere (Ab'jarin) Gloss:

Verse 1:

who say.PAST ruler proud the and you-be?
bend must low so I
cat only a coat unlike of a
is truth all the I know
coat OF.gold in a or coat OF.red a
has still lion a PL.claw
and be mine long sharp, lord my
be as yours long sharp as

Verse 2:

and say.PAST person male, and say.PAST person male
ruler of castamere that
but cry present fall PL.water the hall its over
hear person any not there
yes cry present fall PL.water the hall its over
and hear soul none a

No comments:

Post a Comment